So Pone is headed this way to arrive late this week and I’ve had this post in my drafts forever. But, like the procrastinator we all know I am, I didn’t finish it till today. And I’ve already hit the ‘place order’ button so like, if I’ve forgotten anything major, well, oops. Amazon Prime to the rescue or something.
I ordered from horse.com this time (mostly)- their 30% off coupon was working and while a lot of their inexpensive stuff is meh in quality, when you’re ordering a bunch of things to get you started, it definitely helps.
So, to start with the boring stuff:
- First aid kit refills (I’ve got a fairly extensive pet first aid kit that lives in the car already because doggos) of Vetricyn (that was from Amazon) and some extra vet wrap.
- Fly spray (hopefully buying it means I won’t need it; there were zero flies out at the barn the other day.) Pyranha brand seemed well-reviewed by other bloggers, so I went with that, and I can’t find it locally.
- Saddle stand (so the saddle can be removed from the back of the sofa where it currently lives. I’m going to build a PVC rack to slide into the back of the Durango until there’s storage space for me at the barn.
- Treats (okay, maybe not boring)- I went with the Manna Pro “Apple Nuggets” on the basis of small and pocket-able without it disentigrating. It’s a treat, it doesn’t have to be particularly healthy. I seem to remember from other horse bloggers that the German Horse Muffins are particularly beloved but I set myself a $8 limit because frankly, I don’t think I’m so lucky as to pick something that he’ll love the first time 😛
- Lunge line- 24′, flat cotton with a snap.
- Lead rope x2 (because things go walkabout)
- A couple of extra hoofpicks to stash in the Durango and in my purse.
- ONe of these guys- fancy pink Himalayan rock salt
This is the first time I’ve ever been responsible for a horse in a situation where they are in a stall with a run rather than primarily in a pasture. So entertainment for him seems in order.
Wormer is going to wait until I find out what my vet recommends.
Part II, and the All Important Color Decision, both coming soon-ish.